QUESTION writer buddies
when writing Fenris what’s important to keep in mind? He’s got the humor and the way he speaks is that he doesn’t use “don’t” he’d rather say “do not” (those are called contractions, I think? But yeah seldom used)
fledgling writer person having characterization difficulties
yeah, he’s not so hot on contractions, but he does have a very dry, sort of mean sense of humour. He’s super defensive so he tends to overreact to embarrassment, etc. he’s a very controlled person but he punishes himself a lot for wanting things?!
The emotion he’s most comfortable with expressing is anger or frustration. He’s awkward. Very socially awkward. He’s had his memories wiped, and then he was isolated and kept as a bodyguard. He isn’t good with interacting with other people. EXTREMELY Introverted, and not good at social cues and picking up on them.
I could write a book, but I think this may help with you figuring out how -you- want to write him. :D
“If she wanted me to… I would show her how to live again.”
(Please read the ao3 version - <.< It’s been edited a little because I found some small problems after I’d already posted to LJ)
Dragon Age Question About Fenris - TW:Rape.
Was Fenris sexually assaulted by Danarius? I was just on my dash and there are three or four posts about him being a rape victim - it’s been ages since I played the game so I can’t remember him talking about it…is this dialogue only triggered if you romanced him?
No. When the group finally meet Danarius he calls Fenris “slave”. If your Hawke tells him that Fenris is not a slave anymore, the magister mocks you by telling “Do I detect a note of jealousy? It’s not surprising; the lad is rather skilled, isn’t he?”
to which Fenris replies:
“Shut your mouth, Danarius!”
I remember that the writers confirmed that Fenris had been sexually abused by Danarius, it’s just implied in the game but…well…I suppose that an “official confirmation” make it canon, right?
David Gaider confirmed on the BSN that Danarius and Fenris had a sexual relationship. Now whether you want to see the slave/master as rape or not is up to you (personally I read it as dubcon/noncon since Fenris wasn’t really allowed to say ‘no’ as a slave).
Chapter 14 on LJ
“Nice ink.” The voice is rough as callouses, and it makes him turn to look. The owner of the voice is seated at the bar, looking at him with round eyes the color of jet. He almost thinks she’s an elf at first glance—she’s small, wiry, bald-headed and covered in tattoos, very nearly naked save for the low-slung men’s trousers slung around her hips and the braded rope wrapped around her breasts .
“It’s not ink,” he says, unable to sound irritated by the question. The girl—she hardly looks old enough to be a woman, not if she’s human—arches her eyebrow.
“Neither are mine. A lot of literal blood, sweat, and tears went into these.” She holds her arm up, moving it into a beam of light coming from the skylight. Her tattoos are, like so many people have described his, beautiful. Vibrant, colorful, chaotic, inorganic.
“How did you come upon them?”
Her full, dark-stained lip twists into something like a smile and a snarl. “They’re my memories. People I’ve killed, things I’ve lost, some just because I wanted ‘em. Yours?”
He looks at his palm, watching the lyrium lines shimmer and flex as he clenches and relaxes his hand. “As are mine, apparently.”
AAHHH I MISSED THIS. Did I miss the other ones too?!?!?!
Shorter than I wanted, but DABB has been taking up most of my time and mind lately. I just wanted to make sure people knew I hadn’t abandoned this. :)
angry Fenris is angry B(
A GAME CALLED ‘WHY IS FENRIS MAKING THAT FACE’
RULES SET FORTH BY ISABELA AND HAWKE
Try it. It’s fun.
- He smells fish.
- He isn’t wearing shoes and this is Kirkwall and we just went to the sewers to collect ‘sela petrae’ also known as ‘poopy’ for Anders.
- In other words: Fenris stepped in the poopy.
- He just realized his eyebrows are like two black caterpillars underneath a white cocoon of hair.
- He is possessed by a demon of crankiness
- Hawke just made a joke about him being possessed by a demon of crankiness.
- Reminded of The Tuber Incident.
- Which was entirely your fault, Isabela.
- I know. No regrets!
- Anders is talking.
- Anders is breathing.
- Anders has been mentioned.
- Anders existing somewhere, near or far, it doesn’t matter.
- Face froze that way when wind changed direction a few weeks ago.
- What are you talking about? Fenris always looks like that.
- Yes thank you for your contribution, Anders.
- Attempting to flirt; has no idea what he actually looks like at any time.
- That would explain so many things, really.
- He just farted.
- Don’t be a tit, Hawke, elves don’t fart. It was probably the mabari.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF FENRIS
- I will not encourage their senses of ‘humor.’
- To do so will only harm them.
- Sela Petrae. Hadriana. The Hanged Man’s fish stew. Varric’s ‘rules’ of cardplay. Dock smell. Slavery. Mages. Magic. Mabari farts. Adorable kittens. My eyebrows, whatever it is they are doing. Bare feet. Kirkwall. Bare feet in Kirkwall. ‘Demon of crankiness’ jokes. Isabela ever discovering that I am ticklish. Knowing that Varric is likely hairy elsewhere from his chest. Dwarf beards. Writing in script. How often Hawke kisses his dog. Anders. Anders. Anders.
- Ah yes.
- I have nailed it.
Aaah, my first fandom love. <3 Always and 5ever.
So, what does this mean? Basically, Adagio will send an art+tea pouch to the winner, absolutely free of charge. (Note: according to Adagio’s rules, the winner must have an address in the US in order to be eligible. Sorry, non-US folks! I will try to do something lovely for you in the near future, once I have mailed out the winners of the previous giveaway!) The following teas from Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect will be available:
8 teas. 8 winners. 8 chances to win. The Adagio tea giveaway rules are as follows!
The contest will run for 2 weeks and the winner will receive:
- 3oz pouch of one of 8 tea blends as provided by Adagio Teas! (worth $10 each!)Rules:
- The giveaway prize is limited to US residences ONLY.
- Reblog up to 2 times a day.
- Likes don’t count!
- The contest ends on November 5th, 2012.
- The winner will be chosen randomly from all entries.
- I will contact the winner once the contest ends and they will have 3 days to get back to me with their address.
So, if you’re looking to try one of these Bioware teas with urdnotkassa’s lovely artwork on the labels, give this a reblog!
Page 1 of 15